If you have searched the internet for breastfeeding products, you know the list is overwhelming. We live in a society where our accessories have accessories. So, which breastfeeding products are the most important? Actually, all you need are breasts, but there are some conveniences that I would not easily give up. Now that I have nursed 4 babies, I would like to make this as simple as possible for you. Here are my top five recommendations for getting started:
- Nursing Pads. Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads are my favorite! They are absorbent, comfortable, and invisible.Leaky breasts can make for an embarrassing moment and you’ll want to be prepared.
- Well-fitting nursing bras. You’ll need a couple for every-day wear and one great one for night-time wear. One word of advice, though. Don’t spend a ton of money on a bunch of bras at the beginning. Your breasts will get smaller after the first few weeks and even months of breastfeeding. Just get 2 to 3 supportive nursing bras that fit well.
- A comfortable nursing pillow. Take it to the hospital too. Your comfort level is very important after giving birth and that pillow will be a welcome sight when it’s time to nurse your baby. Check out these nursing pillows. My favorite pillow for twins is the Double Blessings Nursing Pillow and for a single baby is My Brest Friend Deluxe Pillow.
- A nursing cover. There are a few breastfeeding moms who nurse in public without a cover. However, many moms with new babies prefer the added privacy provided by a handy nursing cover. Try this one: Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover.
- Finally, Click Here to download the Happy Breastfeeder ebook. It is a super-affordable investment in the success of your breastfeeding journey.
You may find other products that are essential to your breastfeeding success. Let me know when you find a great product. I’m always looking for helpful breastfeeding products to review and recommend.